What’s on your “lemon day” list?
When life gives you lemons do you make lemonade or do you reach for the ice cream? I have been known to do the latter when things go really downhill. Sometimes you just need a bit of sweetness in your life, but then I regret it the next day. However, there are other things you can do to make yourself feel better that don’t involve a delicious combo of fat and sugar.
I’ve created a list of my own ‘Lemon Day’ strategies and put it on the fridge for when it is needed:
1. Walk outside and get fresh air into my lungs
2. Take off my shoes and feel the connection with the soft grass under my feet.
3. Play with my animals for 5 minutes
4. Walk by the sea and get great big gulps of fresh, salty air into my lungs
5. Drink a big glass of water in case I’m dehydrated
6. Call a friend
7. Release my frustration/anger/disappointment in a safe contained space (read more about how to do this is at home safely)
8. Go and work from another location e.g. library or café
9. Put on essential oils in the vaporiser
10. Have a shower/swim to wash off the grrrrrr/bleugh
11. Put on Adele and sing really loud (sorry neighbours…). I find vocal expression really helps shift my mood
12. Turn off all electronic devices and read.
13. (Only when all the above have failed….) Eat icecream.
What is on your “Lemon Day List”?