Psychotherapy and counselling for relationship issues – North Brisbane
Relationship issues can have a big impact on your mental health. Equally, mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and stress can have a negative impact on your relationship.
- Wanting to be in an intimate, loving relationship but finding it difficult to connect? Are you having trouble connecting with others? Or feeling socially isolated?
- Or are you in a relationship and having a few issues? Perhaps feeling like you’ve lost your sense of self? Feeling neglected, abandoned or rejected?
- Having thoughts of wanting to leave your relationship but not sure what to do?
- Would you like to talk to someone non-judgmental about your sexuality or gender identity?
- Do you find it difficult to find words to express how you’re feeling to your partner?
- Do you have strong boundaries? Or do people constantly push them? Do you feel able to speak up for your needs without feeling guilty?
How psychotherapy and counselling can help you:
- I use an embodied approach to relationship counselling, which means that even if you find it difficult to put how you feel into words, we can check in with your body to help explain how you’re feeling (for example frustration, anger, sadness).
- We’ll talk about what’s going on for you now and we’ll look at what it’s like for you to be connected (or disconnected) from others. Do you want connection or avoid it?
- We will explore what connection was like in your family of origin and how this may have impacted your behaviour as an adult.
- We can gently explore your ideas around intimacy, sexuality and gender.
- We’ll see how you are going to be more connected in your life. How you can get more out of your life.
Please note that I only work with individual clients 1:1 on their relationship issues. I no longer offer couples counselling.
You can book into my diary online or give me a call on 0450 22 00 59 to talk about what’s going on for you.
For info on my fees and available health fund rebates have a look at my Pricing page.
Have a look at my FAQ page for answers to some common questions about therapy.