Group psychotherapy is an opportunity for you to take your personal process deeper by sharing and processing within a safe, therapeutic group environment.
It’s also a chance to connect with like-minded people in your community and feel a sense of belonging.
Sarah’s weekly therapeutic groups involve 45 minutes of group movement therapy (based on body psychotherapy theory), followed by 45 minutes of individual sharing and processing of emotions.
What’s in it for you?
- Your personal growth within a group setting is often more powerful than 1:1 psychotherapy as you will feel the support of your peers.
- It gives you an opportunity to see how others affect you, and how you affect others. You may find a group member’s process moving, triggering your own emotions and allowing you to express whatever needs to come up.
- Through interaction with group members you get to discover and accept previously unknown or unacceptable parts of yourself.
- Group members learn that they are not alone in dealing with certain emotions/situations.
- In addition, the members learn self-understanding from the feedback of their peers. The group becomes a mini-version of the outside world where the person gets to try out new behaviours and get feedback. New neural pathways are created!
- They also form strong bonds with their fellow group members, often resulting in friendships and support outside the group.
If you’d like to join a group in the future please call or SMS me on 0450 22 00 59. Or discuss it with me at your next session.
Current Therapy Groups
Sarah is currently running a weekly therapy group in Kelvin Grove every Wednesday evening 6.30-8pm. The group is mixed gender with ages ranging from mid-thirties to 70. All sexual orientations are welcome.
Sarah is currently looking for 2 more members to join the Group, so if you are interested in joining in the future, or would like to ask Sarah any questions about group therapy, please call her on 0450 22 00 59 or ask her about it at your next session.
If you would like to discuss your situation and find out how group or individual body psychotherapy or counselling can help you please call Sarah on 0450 22 00 59. Or go to her online diary to book now.
Sarah offers a FREE 20 minute discovery session for new clients by phone or skype so that you can ask her anything you want about body psychotherapy, counselling or group classes. You can book this though her online diary.
If you’re not ready to book just now, you can sign up to my monthly client newsletter and see what I’m sending my clients. I never give away contact details and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Have a look at my FAQ page for answers to some common questions about therapy.