Depression Counselling Brisbane North
Are you feeling low? Feeling ‘grey’ or unmotivated? Have you stopped finding enjoyment in the things you used to love? Psychotherapy and counselling can help you shift out of depression. I know it works because I’ve been where you are now. I’m a counsellor and body psychotherapist who specialises in helping people break out of depression and get their lives back.
Have a look at the signs and symptoms of depression and see how counselling and body psychotherapy can help you by reading on below:
Have you been feeling sad or low every day for more than 2 weeks? Here are some more symptoms you might have:
- Physical: low energy; no motivation; feeling of heaviness in your body; feeling tired all the time; upset digestion; headaches and muscular pain; difficulty sleeping; weight gain.
- Feelings: low, sad, miserable, unable to make decisions, frustrated, angry, overwhelmed, irritable.
- Behaviour: low motivation; no interest in the things you used to love doing; not wanting to go out; finding it hard to get things done at work/home; withdrawing socially or from family; numbing out with alcohol or sedatives.
- Thoughts: I’m worthless/useless/a failure; people would be better off without me; everything is my fault.
How depression counselling can help you get back on track (counselling, mindfulness, body psychotherapy):
- We’ll talk about what’s going on in your life to see what’s getting to you; what’s overwhelming you; where you’re stuck. This is ‘talk therapy’.
- Often when we’re depressed we can get stuck in negative thought patterns, so we may do some mindfulness techniques to help you separate you from your thoughts. We’ll help you see that you are not your thoughts. You are more than that. And you can choose to create a distance between yourself and these negative thoughts.
- When we’re depressed it’s like we’re shoving down a whole heap of thoughts and feelings so that we don’t have to deal with them. Unfortunately when you repress the unpleasant stuff, you’re also stopping the ability to feel pleasure. Hence why you feel so low and heavy all the time. So we may look at ways of moving your body to get some more energy into your system (e.g. some breathing) or perhaps shaking this off heaviness.
- We’ll look at ways you can bring more joy and pleasure back into your life so that you feel more like your old self again, or even a better version of your old self!
Sarah’s Counselling Services
In addition to Anxiety Counselling, Sarah’s North Brisbane psychotherapist clinic offers:
I would love to help you get back to being your old self, or perhaps an even better version of your old self. If you’re ready to book in for some depression counselling please use the button below to book a session via my online diary.
For info on my fees and available health fund rebates have a look at my Pricing page.
If you’re still unsure, why not book a FREE 20 min discovery session bv phone or skype with me so you can ask me anything you like. You can book it online by clicking this button
Or call me on 0450 22 00 59 for a chat.
Maybe you’re not ready to book just now, I understand these things take time, so why not sign up to my monthly client newsletter and see what I’m sending my clients. I never give away contact details and you can unsubscribe at any time.