Anxiety Counselling Brisbane North
Being in constant state of fear or anxiety is crippling. It can stop you from doing activities, seeing friends, and going to certain places. It can even hijack your career. But you can get help. Psychotherapy and anxiety counselling are really effective tools for lessening the grip of anxiety on your life. My anxiety counselling services draw from evidence-based counselling, Eastern relaxation techniques, and from my own personal experiences overcoming anxiety.
Read more below to see if you recognise any of the signs and symptoms of anxiety, and see how body psychotherapy and counselling can help you find your inner calm again.
Here are some techniques you can use to lessen the state of anxiety in your body:
Are my anxiety counselling services right for you?
- Are you constantly worrying? Ruminating (going over the same thing again and again)? Obsessive thinking? Experiencing excessive fear?
- Feeling your heart racing, constriction in your chest, shallow breathing, feeling tense and on the edge? Is your digestion system upset? Maybe you’re even having panic attacks. Perhaps you have PTSD.
- Problems getting to sleep or waking up in the middle of the night worrying?
- Using food, alcohol or other sedatives to calm yourself down?
- Avoiding people, places or things that make you feel anxious?
Would you like to get some help?
- When you’re anxious your thoughts are usually speeding ahead to the future. So we’re going to bring you right back to the present moment. We’ll slow everything right down. We may use some mindfulness techniques. Or we may focus on your breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Perhaps we’ll do some gentle movement to ‘ground’ you. This is simply a moving form of mindfulness and it means bringing your focus to right now in the present time (and it stops you thinking about the future).
- And we’ll talk. We’ll explore what’s going on in your life that’s creating anxiety. We’ll look at what’s triggering you. We’ll look at what’s happened in your past that may be coming up now.
- We might add in some postures or movement to help drain away the tension in your body and help relax your nervous system.
- Or perhaps some breathing exercises to slow and deepen your breath to get more oxygen into your body.
- We’ll come up with some strategies that work for you. My anxiety counselling in Brisbane North is carefully crafted to deliver the right methods for each individual client.
Sarah’s Counselling Services
In addition to Anxiety Counselling, Sarah’s North Brisbane psychotherapist clinic offers:
If you would like to come and see me please book online by clicking the button below.
If you’re feeling unsure, or want to ask me what anxiety counselling or body psychotherapy is all about, I offer a FREE 20 minute discovery session by phone/skype for new clients. You can also book this online by clicking the button below.
Alternatively call me for a chat on 0450 22 00 59 and ask me how I can help you.
If you’re not ready to book just now, you can sign up to my monthly client newsletter and see what I’m sending my clients. I never give away contact details and you can unsubscribe at any time.