Body Psychotherapist North Brisbane
Hello, I’m Sarah Tuckett and I am a Counsellor and Body Psychotherapist in North Brisbane. My passion is helping people with depression and anxiety feel calm, happy and motivated again. I’ve suffered from both anxiety and depression myself. I know how much better life can be if you have someone to help you through it.
I have been working as a body psychotherapist since I was a student in 2014. I have a Master of Mental Health (Psychotherapy) from UQ (talking therapies). I also have qualifications in body-oriented therapies such as Body Psychotherapy and Dance-Movement Therapy. I am always looking to extend my knowledge and am constantly researching to bring you the most up to date information.
I am a clinical member of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). This allows me to offer rebates for BUPA and Medibank Private members.
Areas I specialise in:
I help clients who are suffering from anxiety, depression, stress, experiencing a life change, trauma, relationship issues and more.
I work with individual adults and groups.
As an integrative body psychotherapist and dance-movement therapist, I’m looking at the whole of you and treating you holistically. So I often refer clients to see Integrative GPs, Naturopaths, Acupuncturists and Massage Therapists for additional support.
I’m really into movement therapy as a method of improving mental wellness. Helping people find the joy in moving their own body is brings me great pleasure, whether it is through individual sessions, grounding classes or dance.
My own therapy journey
Back in 2006, I spiraled down into depression and anxiety due to chronic stress at work. Thankfully I saw an Integrative GP who took into account my lifestyle, nutrition and underlying health issues instead of just prescribing me antidepressants.
This started me on an exploration of mainstream and complimentary techniques for managing my depression – body psychotherapy, massage, and dance-movement therapy.
I learned first-hand how the body holds emotions and that you can release this tension through movement. Combining talking therapy and body movement was the answer I had been looking for.
My qualifications include:
- Master of Mental Health (Psychotherapy) – University of Queensland (Dec 2018)
- Advanced Clinical Skills in Somatics and Dance-Movement Therapy (2020)
- Diploma of Integrated Somatic Psychotherapy (2015) and Advanced Diploma (2019)
- Compassion-Focussed Therapy (2019)
- Personalised Integrative Therapy (2018)
- Embodied Couples Work – Level 1 (2018)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for anxiety and depression (2017)
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training (2018)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (2016)
- Nia Blue Belt (somatic movement therapy) (2016)
From my previous careers:
- Masters of Environmental Management – UQ
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability – Murdoch
- Bachelor of Arts (Modern Languages) – Manchester University, UK
- Diploma of Remedial Massage – QAcademy
I am a clinical member of the peak body for Psychotherapists in Australia, the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) (Sarah Tuckett, PACFA Reg. Clinical 23732).
Please call me on 0450 22 00 59 or book your appointment online.
I look forward to working with you.